Raw Vegan GnocchiFrom ecoveg 7 years ago
How to make it
- Grind the macadamia nuts in your blender with the salt and water until a smooth cream is formed – this will be about the consistency of yoghurt.
- Add the flour and allow to ‘soak’ overnight, in a tightly closed container, in the fridge. This will soften the starches. You can do this step before hand, using just the water, if you prefer – I find it gives a smoother texture to the gnocchi.
- Remove – this should be the texture of playdough. Roll into a long rope, about 1 inch in diameter. Cut into small pieces, one inch long.
- Using the back of a fork, lay the fork on the counter. Place one piece of gnocchi on the back of the fork and slide/flick it down, forming a little, notched pillow
- Place in a glass casserole dish and cover tightly (add a tablespoon of water to the bottom of the dish, if desired). place in dehydrator and warm for 3 hours.
- Serve with Raw Vegan Tomato Sauce & sprinkle on some Raw Vegan Garlic Parmesan Cheese