Tiramisu Cookie TartsFrom bigcookiedude 4 years ago
- 2 1/4 C flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 lb butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 C packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 C granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz) Jello cheesecake flavor instant pudding shopping list
- 2 (large) eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp rum extract shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp instant coffee (dark roast if available) shopping list
- 1 C milk chocolate chips or vanilla chips (optional) shopping list
- 2-3 Tbsp cocoa powder (to sprinkle on top) shopping list
- Tiramisu Filling Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 2 Tbsp sour cream shopping list
- 3-4 Tbsp confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp rum extract or amaretto flavoring shopping list
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee shopping list
- Garnish: bittersweet chocolate shavings shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together first 3 ingredients into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add instant pudding, mixing well. Add eggs and rum extract, mixing until well blended. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary. Slowly add flour, mixing well. Stir in chocolate or vanilla chips, if desired.
- For cookie only: Using a standard ice cream scoop (2 oz), or rounded tablespoons, drop dough onto an un-greased parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle cookies with cocoa.
- For 2 oz cookie, bake at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes. For rounded tablespoon-size cookies, bake 10-12 minutes. After one minute, transfer from pan to wire rack to cool.
- For tiramisu tart: Scoop 2 oz. portion of dough and press inside un-greased muffin pans See Photo. Bake at 350 degrees for 16 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese and sour cream in a mixing bowl, beating until smooth. Add confectioners sugar, extract, and instant coffee, blending well. Set aside, or refrigerate, until ready to fill cookie tart shells.
- Remove cookies from oven. Press down the center of the cookies with the back of a spoon to form a shell. Cool in the muffin pans 10-15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the cookies and gently lift out of the muffin pans. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Before serving, pipe or spoon 1-2 Tbsp filling into each cookie tart shell. To garnish, grate a small amount of chocolate on top.
- Store in an air-tight container in refrigerator.
The Cookbigcookiedude Vinton, VA
The Rating4 people
WOW!! This is a definite bake for this weekend. I'm sure the race fans will enjoy these Sunday, as I am catering an all-day feast. Thanks for sharing!hooksc in Zeeland loved it
love the idea of a tiramisu cookietoml in Woodridge loved it
Looking delicious. Let's hope my rating goes through. Love the new GR. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!