Chinese Chicken And Chili SoupFrom shandy 6 years ago
- 6 oz. chicken breast, cut into thin strips shopping list
- 1 T. fresh root ginger, finely diced shopping list
- 2 inch piece lemon grass stock, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 red chili, seeded and thinly sliced shopping list
- 10 baby corn cobs, halved lengthwise shopping list
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin sticks shopping list
- 4 cups hot chicken stock shopping list
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 12 small shiitake mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. cooked vermicelli rice noodles shopping list
- 2 T. soy sauce shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place the chicken strips, chopped ginger, chopped lemon grass and sliced chili in a oven safe covered casserole dish or pot (Chinese sand pot works great!). Add the halved baby corn and the carrot sticks. Pour over the hot chicken stock and cover the pot/dish.
- Place the pot in an unheated oven. Set the temperature to 400 degrees F. or 200 degrees C. and cook the soup for 35-40 minutes, or until the stock is simmering and the chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Add the scallions and mushrooms, cover and return the pot to the oven for 10 minutes. Meanwhile place the noodles in a large pot of boiling water and cook according to directions on package.
- Drain the noodles and divide among four warmed serving bowls. Stir the soy sauce into the soup and season with salt and pepper. Divide the soup between the bowls and serve immediately.
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!