Green Bean Tossed SaladFrom shandy 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed shopping list
- 1 can (11 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained shopping list
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 6 T. olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 c. cider vinegar shopping list
- 3 to 4 t. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 t. salt shopping list
- 1/4 t. pepper shopping list
- 4 cups torn butter lettuce or mixed salad greens shopping list
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Place green beans in boiling water and cook, uncovered, for 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, oranges and onion. In a small bowl, whisk oil, cider vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, add the salad greens, avocado and pecan pieces; toss gently.