Chicken Salad (southern)From Kimskitchen 4 years ago
- 3 whole chicken breasts with skin and bone (or whole chicken) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion (optional) shopping list
- Several spoon fulls of sweet pickle relish with juice shopping list
- 3 - 4 hard boiled eggs chopped shopping list
- fresh ground pepper to taste shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1/4 tsp Lawrys seasoning salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp celery salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- Mayo (NOT Miracle Whip) Prefer Duke's or Hellman's shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil. Salt and pepper chicken and place in pan.
- Roast chicken breasts at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
- Once fully cooked cover chicken in pan with foil and let sit until cool. Once cool remove skin, take chicken off bone, and break apart meat with fingers. Be careful to remove all fatty deposits in meat. Dispose of skin and bone.
- Add all ingredients to large bowl and stir. Continue to add spices and mayo in small increments until seasoned to taste.
- Remember to add in small increments - you can always add more but cannot remove if you have added too much! Keep refrigerated.
- Serve on your favorite fresh bread with a glass of iced tea and your favorite chips.
The CookKimskitchen Nashville, NC
The Rating2 people
Yep, this is how it's done...never roasted the chicken before, but it sounds great. Otherwise, almost exactly the same...great recipe, and thanks!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
How can we live without chicken salad in our lives. Impossible, I say. Thanks for this recipe - it's a winner for sure.impssweetp in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!