Dill Horeseradish Potato SaladFrom jena 8 years ago
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 stalks of celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup French's horseradish & wasabi mayonnaise OR shopping list
- 1 tbls wasabi powder & 1/2 cup plain mayonnaise OR shopping list
- 1 tbls fresh horseradish & 1/2 cup plain mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup tightly packed chopped fresh dill shopping list
- 2 tbls vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 lemon - juiced shopping list
- 2 tbls grainy mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Put potatoes in large pot with enough water to cover potatoes by one inch.
- Season potatoes with salt and bring the water to a boil.
- Cook just until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the uncovered pot off the heat. Let them sit until almost room temperature. (Cool them in the warm pot to get rid of any excess water in the potatoes.)
- Meanwhile, cut the white parts off the ends of the celery stalks.
- Cut the stalks in half lenghtwise, then across into 1/4 inch slices. Stir the celery, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and the remaining ingredients together in a serving bowl large enough to hold all the potatoes.
- When they're cool, cut the potatoes into 1-inch pieces, add them to the bowl as you go. Stir gently until all the potatoes are coated with dressing. If you refrigerate the potatoes will lose their rich smooth texture. Keep covered when serving.
The Cookjena MN
The Rating5 people
Without a doubt - the best potato salad I've ever had! Take note of the "serve at room temp" tip.melissasue in Minneapolis loved it
I finally got around to making this, had it bookmarked for a while. This is sooooooooo good. Thanks for sharing.dariana in loved it
I finally made it too - and might make again today!! I agree w/ this foodie's husband - you can definitely "up" the dill and wasabi horseradish mayo w/ no regrets :-)
melissasue in Minneapolis loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!