Old Fashioned Brown-sugar Bbq ChickenFrom pleclare 4 years ago
How to make it
- Prepare grill for direct and indirect heat -cooking. Combine ketchup,brown sugar,vinegar and mustard.
- Combine marjoram,salt,pepper,and garlic powder;sprinkle over chicken. Place chicken ,skin side down,on grill over direct heat. Cover grill until browned,about 5 mins. Turn chicken over and transfer to indirect heat.
- Divide sauce in half;reserve one part. Brush chicken with remaining sauce. Cover grill;cook until no longer pink near bone,25-30 mins,brushing with reserved sauce during last 10 mins. of grilling time.
- No-grill cooking: Preheat oven to 400'. Place chicken on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast 20 mins;brush with one part of sauce.
- Roast 20 mins.,brushing with remaining sauce during last 10 mins. of cooking time.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating3 people
These look good. Can you serve one up for me now?jkirk in Waupaca loved it
Cracky Pleclare, how did I ever forget my granny's favorite way to BBQ chicken? Add a pinch of sage and paprika and I got the recipe in her own hand. This is so delicious. Thanks for the reminder and the memories. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
Oh man....these look amazing. I have everything in the pantry too! Thanks as always.chuckieb in Ottawa loved it