SpanakopitaFrom bojangles42 4 years ago
- 4 - 10.5 oz boxes frozen, chopped spinach, thawed shopping list
- 1 medium onion chopped finely shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 4 T minced fresh dillweed shopping list
- 1 T oregano shopping list
- 2 teas kosher salt shopping list
- 1 lb plain feta cheese, crumbled shopping list
- 8 oz Farmer's cheese or mozerella, diced 1/4" cubes shopping list
- 1 T cracked pepper shopping list
- juice from one lemon shopping list
- 1/2 c olive oil + 2 T shopping list
- one box phyllo sheets, thawed shopping list
- 4 oz melted butter plus 1/4 c olive oil mixed shopping list
How to make it
- Squeeze the spinach by hand until no liquid is released. It should look slightly dry.
- Chopped the spinach
- Heat the 2 T of olive oil in a frying pan.
- Saute the onion until translucent
- Add the garlic, dill, oregano, cracked pepper. Cook another 2-3 minutes
- Add the onion mixture to the spinach, mix well
- Add the two cheeses, mix well
- Add the salt, 1/2 olive oil, and lemon juice, mix well, set aside
- On a half cookie layer 4 sheets of phyllo, making sure you over hang the edges by an inch or so. Be sure to brush each sheet well with the butter/olive oil mixture
- Add the spinach mixture and press down evenly
- Fold the over hanging edges over the edge of the spinach
- Top with 4 more layers of phyllo, brushing each layer liberally with the butter/olive mixture. Over hang the edges about 1/2"
- Gently tuck the over hanging edges down the sides.
- Cut the sheet into 12 squares using a sharp knife. Cut each square across the middle on the diagonal to form 24 triangles
- Brush any remaining butter/olive oil mixtures on the cut seams.
- Bake at 400 F for 45 minutes
- Recut the triangles
- Serve warm with lemon slices and/or tzatziki sauce.
The Cookbojangles42 Rochester, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!