Chow MeinFrom twill10 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 scallions, trimmed, and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick pieces shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sliced napa cabbage shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced celery shopping list
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon cold water shopping list
- red pepper flakes, to taste shopping list
- 1/4 pound cooked vermicelli noodles shopping list
How to make it
- In a large heavy skillet heat the vegetable oil until it is hot but not smoking and in it stir-fry the scallions, cabbage, celery and bean sprouts for 3 minutes, or until the cabbage is wilted. Add the sugar, broth, soy sauce, and sesame oil and simmer the mixture, covered, for 3 minutes. Stir the cornstarch mixture, stir it into the vegetable mixture, and bring the liquid to a boil. Season to taste with red pepper flakes. Simmer until heated through and serve over noodles.
- Yield: 1 serving.
- I think I would try some thin sliced chicken or tender beef to add to this recipe. Just make sure your choice is very tender.