Chow MeinFrom twill10 3 years ago
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 scallions, trimmed, and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick pieces shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sliced napa cabbage shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced celery shopping list
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon cold water shopping list
- red pepper flakes, to taste shopping list
- 1/4 pound cooked vermicelli noodles shopping list
How to make it
- In a large heavy skillet heat the vegetable oil until it is hot but not smoking and in it stir-fry the scallions, cabbage, celery and bean sprouts for 3 minutes, or until the cabbage is wilted. Add the sugar, broth, soy sauce, and sesame oil and simmer the mixture, covered, for 3 minutes. Stir the cornstarch mixture, stir it into the vegetable mixture, and bring the liquid to a boil. Season to taste with red pepper flakes. Simmer until heated through and serve over noodles.
- Yield: 1 serving.
- I think I would try some thin sliced chicken or tender beef to add to this recipe. Just make sure your choice is very tender.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!