Machaca Beef Tacos (Sonoran Shredded Beef Tacos)From mamalou 6 years ago
- 5 Pounds beef Top Round, Cubed shopping list
- 1 Cup New Mexican Hatch Chiles, cleaned and chopped (Leave mine whole and removed before shredding) shopping list
- 1/2 Cup jalapenos, Minced shopping list
- 1 Cup tomatoes, Seeded & Diced shopping list
- 1 Cup onion, Chopped shopping list
- 3 stalks celery left whole (remove before shredding) shopping list
- 3 small dried bay leaves (remove before shredding) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, Minced shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 Cup cilantro, Chopped (don't skip this even if you are not a fan...it makes the dish) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Place the Top Round in a large pot and add enough water to cover. Simmer covered until tender. Add additional water as necessary to keep meat covered during the cooking process.
- 2. Remove meat from pot, reserving liquid. let cool just to be workable, then remove fat. Shred the meat(It should be tender enough that you can do this with your fingers).
- 3.Return Shredded meat to stock pot. Add remaining recipe ingredients (excluding Cilantro) and broth. Simmer over medium heat until meat absorbs the broth.
- 4. Remove from heat, and fold Cilantro into shredded beef. Serve with traditional toppings ( Please serve with Lime Wedges).
The Cookmamalou Attleboro, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!