Chicken And Wild Rice CasseroleFrom abbyparker216 5 years ago
- 1 (about 6 oz) pkg. long grain & wild rice mix shopping list
- 1/2 C. margarine shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 C. flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 C. chicken broth shopping list
- 3 C. chopped, cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 1/2 C. half-and-half shopping list
- 1 T. chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- 1/2 t. pepper shopping list
- 2 1/2 oz sliced almonds (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice mix according to package directions, set aside. Melt butter. Add onion and saute until tender.
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly 1 minute. Add broth and cook, stirring constantly, 1-2 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in rice, chicken, and next ingredients (except almonds).
- Spoon into lightly greased 11x7 inch dish. Top with almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until thoroughly heated.