Tomato CasseroleFrom cuzpat 5 years ago
- 4 T cooking oil shopping list
- 3 ea green onions - chopped shopping list
- 1 ea green bell pepper - chopped shopping list
- 2 ea Stalks celery - chopped shopping list
- 3 ea cloves garlic - minced shopping list
- 1 lb ground chuck - OR 1 lb. shrimp, peeled & deveined shopping list
- 6 ea Medium Creole tomatoes - peeled, seeded & chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 t basil shopping list
- 2 ea Medium yellow onions - chopped shopping list
- 1 t Chopped fresh mint (optional) shopping list
- 3 to 4 slices toasted white bread* shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven. Saute yellow onions, green pepper, celery and garlic until they are transparent. Add the ground chuck and cook until browned. If you are using shrimp, do not add now or they will overcook. Add shrimp when dish is just about finished cooking. Add chopped tomatoes and seasonings; cook over medium low fire for 1 hour. Add green onions for the last 5 minutes. If you have some fresh mint in the garden, throw a few minced leaves in. Some people like fresh dill. Make this your very own dish.
- Makes approximately 4 quarts [my guess is 12 servings or more].
- * If you want to use this for a stuffing for tomatoes, sweet green peppers or eggplant, add crumbled toast to absorb the juice.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
- Not added to any groups yet!