Healthy Chicken PosoleFrom sharebear1 5 years ago
- 2 Lbs Boneless skinless chicken Breasts or Thighs cut into bite size peices shopping list
- 3 Qts water shopping list
- 1- 1 lb 13 oz Can white hominy shopping list
- 1- 1 lb 13 oz Can yellow hominy shopping list
- 1-1/2 chicken bouillon cubes shopping list
- 1/4 Teaspoon Mexican oregano shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 Dried California chilies shopping list
- 1 Dried Chile Ancho shopping list
- 1 Bag Tostados shopping list
- Garnishes: shopping list
- Sliced radishes shopping list
- Chopped cabbage shopping list
- Diced white onion shopping list
- lime wedges shopping list
- Sliced avocado shopping list
How to make it
- 1.To rehydrate the chilies bring small pan of water to boil (about 1-1/2 cups water). Remove from heat, add dried chilies and cover. Let set for about 20 minutes.
- 2.Bring 3qts of water to boil. Once boiling add chicken. Turn down to medium heat. Scrap off any foam from top of pot. After 30 minutes add garlic powder, mexican oregano and chicken cubes.
- 3.Drain all water from chilies except about 1/2 cup. Remove stems and place chilies and water into blender. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into pot with chicken.
- 4.Simmer for 15 minutes then drain and rinse the hominy. Add to pot with chicken. Simmer for another 15 minutes on low. Salt and pepper to taste. Then remove from heat and serve.
- 5.Top each bowl with garnishes desired. Scoop up with tostados.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cooksharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!