Chunky Salsa VerdeFrom sharebear1 4 years ago
- 10-12 tomatillos (Husks removed and rinsed) shopping list
- 1/4 Cup Diced white onion shopping list
- 1 Whole white onion diced shopping list
- 1 Bunch cilantro shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic Minced shopping list
- 1-2 jalapenos - Stems removed shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/4 Teaspoon Mexican oregano shopping list
- 1-2 Teaspoons salt (or to taste) shopping list
- 1 Cup water (add more as needed) shopping list
How to make it
- 1.In high pan place tomatillos, garlic, jalapeno, 1/4 cup diced onion, cumin, mexican oregano and water. Bring to a simmer. Turning tomatillos so all sides are lightly browned. If water is absorbed add a little as needed. When all tomatillos are done, there should only be about 1/3 cup water left.
- 2.Remove from heat and pour mixture into blender add salt. Blend until smooth. Cut stems from cilantro and discard, place leaves into blender. Blend again until cilantro is mixed well. Dice white onion into small peices and place into blender. Blend lightly (you want the onion to be chunky).
- 3.Pour mixture into dish, let cool and serve.