Skillet Chicken MarsalaFrom valinkenmore 6 years ago
- 4 medium (1 1/4 pounds) skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 package (8-ounce) sliced cremini mushrooms shopping list
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup Dry marsala wine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken-breast halves between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. With meat mallet or rolling pin, pound breasts to an even 1/2-inch thickness; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add breasts and cook 6 to 7 minutes or until browned on both sides and chicken loses its pink color throughout, turning over once. Transfer breasts to platter; cover with foil to keep warm.
- To skillet, add mushrooms, shallot, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Cook 3 minutes or until mushrooms are browned, stirring frequently. Add chicken broth, Marsala wine, and any juices from chicken on platter. Cook to reduce sauce by half, stirring occasionally (approximately 5 minutes). Serve and sprinkle with parsley.