Quick Chicken Cordon BleuFrom valinkenmore 5 years ago
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and tenders removed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup shredded Gruyère or swiss cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup coarse dry whole-wheat breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or thyme shopping list
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup (about 1 ounce) chopped ham shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and salt. Combine cheese and cream cheese in a bowl. Combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper with breadcrumbs, parsley (or thyme), and 2 teaspoons oil in another bowl.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large, ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Move the chicken to the center so all pieces are touching. Spread chicken pieces with the cheese mixture, sprinkle with ham then top with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F, 5 to 7 minutes.
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating1 people
This is absolutely delicious. I made it one night and my husband said, "This recipe needs to go into the recipe box!" It was fast and easy to make. I used the Gruyere cheese and loved the creamy texture and rich taste. I had shaved boiled h...moreSadiesMom in loved it
I forgot to give this a rating!SadiesMom in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!