Moroccan Chicken & Couscous SoupFrom DetroitTokyo 5 years ago
- 3 tbsp cooking oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken (original recipe called for thighs but I was only able to buy breasts) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (fresh ground) shopping list
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 1/2 pound) shopping list
- 2 zucchinis (medium), quartered lengthwise & cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 3/4 cup tomato puree shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock (canned or homemade) shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup cousous shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 can garbanzo beans a.k.a chickpeas, drained shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to moderately high. Add the chicken, cayenne, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sweet potato, zucchini, tomato puree, water and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the couscous to the soup. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garbanzo beans, stir and cook for another minute. Remove pot from heat and let soup stand, covered for 2 minutes. Add parsley & serve.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!