White Chicken EnchiladasFrom FrugalFoodieMama 5 years ago
- Makes: 1- 9X13 pan, 6-8 servings Prep: 1hour Cooking Time: 30 minutes shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 4 chicken thighs or 2 Split chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 cups of chicken stock(from boiled chicken breasts) shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 can green chiles shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro chopped(split in half) shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 4 tsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, just the sauce(add more if you want it spicy) shopping list
- kosher salt to taste shopping list
- 16 oz of colby jack shredded( split in half) shopping list
- 1 pkg of flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 bag of tortilla chips shopping list
How to make it
- Put chicken in a large pot, cover with water and a 1tsp of Kosher salt. Bring to boil. Turn down to simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Pull chicken out, cover with foil and let rest. Once chicken is cooled to handle, pull skin and fat off. Shredd or break up remaining chicken in a large bowl. Dice onion. Add to bowl. Add 1/2 of chopped cilantro. 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 can green chiles, 8oz of shredded cheese. Toss until combined.
- Take a 9X13 casserole pan and spray with cooking spray. Now, roll enchiladas. Take one flour tortilla at a time add filling and roll tightly. Put rolled tortilla seam side down in prepared pan, and repeat until pan is full or filling is gone. See Photo
- Make enchilada sauce. In large saucepan melt butter, add flour to make a rue stir and cook for one minute until bubbly. Add 2 cups of chicken stock slowly and cook until bubbly and thickened. Add remaining green chiles, adobo sauce, and sour cream. Heat thouroughly but do not boil again. Remove from heat. Pour over enchiladas. Bake a 350 for 30 minutes. Once bubbly, add remaining shredded chesse and return to oven for 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining chopped cilantro and serve with a side of tortilla chips. Enjoy!!
- Quick tips: You can use already prepared chicken, a rotisserie from the grocery store or any chicken you already have cooked from a previous meal. You can use botten chicken stock and use the 2 cups of it that the recipe calls for. This eliminates a lot of time preparing the chicken and stock. Also, this recipe should give you extra chicken stock to freeze for another meal as well!