Pork And Mushroom StewFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 1 TB olive oil shopping list
- 1 TB unsalted butter shopping list
- 1-1/2 lb pork tenderloin,trimmed,cut in 2" pieces,dried with paper towels,seasoned with salt and pepper shopping list
- 8 oz creminin mushrooms,quartered shopping list
- 1/2 c sliced shallots or leeks shopping list
- 1/2 c diced carrot(1 carrot) shopping list
- 2 TB flour shopping list
- 1/4 c white wine or dry sherry shopping list
- 3/4 c apple juice or cider shopping list
- 3/4 c chicken broth shopping list
- 1 TB minced fresh thyme shopping list
- salt and black pepper to taste shopping list
- diced Granny Smith apple shopping list
- fresh thyme sprigs shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil and butter in saute pan over med-high heat. Add pork and saute till brown on both sides,about 2 mins per side. Remove pork to plate;set aside.
- Sweat mushrooms,shallots, and carrot in same pan over med. heat until softened,3-4 mins. Stir in flour and cook 1 min.
- Deglaze the pan with wine,scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of pan, and reduce until evaporated.
- Stir in cider and broth;bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med-low. Add pork with residual juices and 1 TB thyme.
- Simmer stew unril thickened,5 mins,season with salt and pepper.