Huevos Rancheros TechniqueFrom crabhappychick 2 years ago
- 1 corn tortilla, the soft variety shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons queso fresco, crumbled shopping list
- 1 tablespoon black beans, drained, rinsed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons guacamole, homemade shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chorizo, cooked and crumbled shopping list
- taco sauce, the thin kind, not salsa shopping list
- cilantro, choppoed, to taste shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Spray a large skillet with Pam and heat. Place the tortilla in the skillet for a few seconds and then flip it over for a few more seconds until it is hot. Gently break the egg onto the tortilla until the egg adheres to the tortilla - if it sliides off, no big deal, just gently put it back with a spatula.
- Season the egg with salt and pepper, crumble the cheese on top of the egg, sprinkle with the beans, and the chorizo. Turn the heat down to medium and cover with a lid. Cook to how you like your fried eggs and remove to a plate.
- Top the huevos rancheros with guac, taco sauce and cilantro....maybe a little crema if you wish! The tortilla is crisp and crunchy, the egg and the toppings stay right in place, and you can pick it up and eat it all right down. YUM!
- You can easily make as many at a time as your skillet will hold. Enjoy!