Not Really RatatouilleFrom sosousme 5 years ago
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, or as needed shopping list
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 leek, cleaned and sliced, optional shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 medium zucchini, cunt in half lengthwise and sliced shopping list
- 2 medium Japanese eggplants, sliced or 1 large eggplant, diced shopping list
- 1 large red bell pepper, quartered and sliced shopping list
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, preferably flat-leaf shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat; add the onion, leek, peppers and garlic; saute until the onion just begins to brown. Remove with a spoon to a bowl and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet, add the zucchini and saute until just beginning to soften and brown, about 3 minutes; remove with a spoon; add to the onions in the bowl.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet; add the eggplant and saute until the eggplant begins to soften; about 3 minutes (add more oil if the eggplant absorbs it all); remove to the bowl with the onions and zucchini.
- Add the tomatoes to the skillet; cook until they begin to break down and made a sauce; return the reserved vegetables to the skillet along with the basil, parsley, salt and pepper; cook until just heated through. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Per Serving: 151 Calories; 8g Fat (1g Sat, 5g Mono, 1g Poly); 4g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 375mg Sodium.
- LindySez: Most instructions for peeling tomatoes require that you drop them into boiling water for 30 seconds then peel. this method is quicker, easier and allows the tomato to retain its full flavor. Take a long fork and stab the stem end, hold the tomato over an open flame on the stove top, turn slowly over the flam until you hear the skin split. Set aside and continue with the remaining tomatoes. Remove the peel with a small paring knife.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!