Beef Tenderloin StroganoffFrom kylaz 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin shopping list
- 4 tablespoons bacon grease (or vegetable oil) shopping list
- 14 ounces white mushrooms, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large white onion, minced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium beef broth shopping list
- 1/3 cup brandy shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark brown sugar shopping list
- 10-12 ounces wide egg noodles shopping list
- 2/3 cups sour cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the beef into 1 inch cubes. Pat dry and season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Heat bacon grease in a 12-inch cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Place an even layer of beef in the skillet and brown well on both sides, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer beef to a bowl. Repeat with 1 tablespoon more bacon grease and the remaining beef. Transfer to the bowl.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons bacon grease to the skillet and return to medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, onions, garlic, and a couple pinches of salt and fresh ground black pepper. Stir often until the mushrooms are golden brown, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Make a well in the middle of the skillet and add the tomato paste, stirring it around the well for 15-20 seconds. Stir in the flour and cook for 30 seconds.
- Gradually whisk in the chicken and beef broth. Stir in the brandy, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and beef (along with any accumulated juices). Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook over low heat for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Stir the noodles into the skillet, cover, and continue to cook over low heat. Stir often until the noodles are tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Off the heat, stir a few tablespoons of the sauce into the sour cream to temper it, then stir the sour cream mixture back into the skillet. Stir in the lemon juice and half the parsley. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley and chives.
The Cookkylaz Gilbert, AZ
- Not added to any groups yet!