Native Princess Chicken StroganoffFrom nativeprincess 5 years ago
- 1 pound chicken tenders shopping list
- 4 tbsp canola oil shopping list
- 1 onion, sliced thinly shopping list
- 1 pound white button mushroons, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable broth (OR chicken) shopping list
- 1/2 teas tarragon (dried or fresh minced) shopping list
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- egg noodles (cooked) shopping list
- fresh parsley for garnish shopping list
- Note: Sometimes I add a couple of dashes of worcestershire to the broth as it's cooking.....optional, it's good either way! shopping list
How to make it
- Heat about 3 tbsp oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add chicken tenders, cook until done. Remove chicken from skillet, set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to skillet, add onions, salt & pepper to taste, and cook until lightly browned. Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Add broth (optional==a couple of dashes of worcestershire) and tarragon, simmer, uncovered, until thickened, 8 minutes or so.
- Stir mustard into mixture and return chicken to skillet, cook on low-medium until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream,
- Serve over egg noodles and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.