Tom's Taco NoodlesFrom twill10 4 years ago
- Tom's Taco noodles shopping list
- 1 lb. 85/15 ground beef shopping list
- 8 ozs. of Rotini (you can use what you like ,this was all I had ) shopping list
- 8 ozs. diced tomatoes( or half 14.5 oz. can I used the walmart brand) shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion diced shopping list
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced shopping list
- 1/4 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper to tase, plus a dash of Mexican oregano . shopping list
How to make it
- I browned the meat, adding the bell pepper, onion and spices until done.
- In the meanwhile I had cooked the Rotini and drained it.
- I put the Rotini in with the cooked meat and spices. I stirred in th diced tomatoes and checked to see if the salt and pepper was okay.
- I removed from the heat and let it sit.
- I made a simple salsa using: the remaining 1/2 can of tomatoes, 1 tsp white vinegar, a small handful of cilantro, 1 tbsp of chili sauce, a dash of chocula (any hot sauce would work that you like) and a pinch of mexican oregano (I smashed the oregano between my fingers). I mixed all the ingredients in a blender and added salt.
- I plated the noodles and topped with the shredded cheese and then added the salsa on top.