Citrus Marinated Pulled PorkFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- juice and zest from 2 navel oranges shopping list
- juice and zest from 2 limes shopping list
- juice and zest from 1 lemon shopping list
- 1/8 cup garlic paste shopping list
- 1/8 cup ginger minced shopping list
- 1/8 cup molasses shopping list
- 1/8 cup dark soy sauce shopping list
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Mexican chile powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground achiote shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 4 pound boneless pork shoulder shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl whisk together all ingredients except pork and chicken stock.
- Pour marinade into a large sealable plastic bag then place pork in bag and seal.
- Allow pork to marinate refrigerated at least 4 hours.
- Allow it to sit and room temperature for 1 hour before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Remove pork and reserve 1 cup marinade.
- Liberally season the outside of the pork with salt then place pork and reserved marinade into an oven safe pot.
- Cover with foil and roast for 3-1/2 hours.
- Remove pork from the oven and place onto a cutting board then cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Carefully pull pork apart into bite sized chunks.
- Pour off as much of the fat from the roasting pan as you can without pouring off the pan juices as well.
- Place pan with pan juices on the stove over medium high heat.
- Add chicken stock to pot then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve the pulled pork with side bowl of sauce for dipping.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!