Crispy Fried Fish TacosFrom frankieanne 4 years ago
- ½ cup mayonnaise shopping list
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbs sweet pickle relish shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 Tbs kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tsp freshly ground white pepper (I used black pepper) shopping list
- 1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into 4” by 1” strips (I used red snapper) shopping list
- 2 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 3 cups panko bread crumbs shopping list
- 3 cups vegetable oil, for frying shopping list
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed shopping list
- Shredded cabbage, lettuce, cilantro and sliced scallions, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the hoisin sauce, pickle relish and lemon juice (I did this about two hours before serving then refrigerated to let flavors mix a bit).
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Seal the bag and shake. Add the fish and shake to coat.
- Put the eggs and panko in separate shallow bowls. Dip the fish in the egg and then in the panko. Transfer the fish to a wax paper lined platter.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil to 350F. Add half of the fish and fry over moderate heat, turning once, until golden, about 3 minutes. Drain the fish on a paper towel lined platter. Repeat with the remaining fish. Serve the fish in the tortillas, passing the hoisin mayonnaise, cabbage, lettuce, cilantro and scallions for serving.
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cookfrankieanne Ukiah, California
- Not added to any groups yet!