Baked White Wine & Onion SoupFrom nativeprincess 4 years ago
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 4 to 5 medium onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 4 cups vegetable stock (you can use chicken) shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/4 tsp thyme shopping list
- 1/4 tsp marjoram shopping list
- 4 rounds toasted French bread shopping list
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in large deep skillet. When hot, add onions and cook, uncovered, 30 minutes over medium low heat. Stir a few times during cooking.
- Pour in wine & mix well. Cook over medium heat until wine reduces to half. (About 3-4 minutes)
- Pour in stock, mix well, add bay leaf and all seasonings. Mix well and cook, uncovered, about 35 minutes over low heat.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Ladel soup into individual ovenproof onion soup bowls. Cover with toasted rounds, top with grated Gruyere. Bake about 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly brown.
The Cooknativeprincess Magalia, CA
The Rating2 people
Kind of like a french onion soup that I like to make. 5 Stars for this one!jkirk in Waupaca loved it
Excellentjkirk in Waupaca loved it
I don't like my soups to have much broth in them so I really liked this. I cut this in half; used two sweet onions and two cups of vegetable broth and 1/4 cup of wine. I went to two stores and couldn't find a chunk (or is it a hunk? :D) of gruyere -...morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it