Thai Chicken LarbFrom kirstencooks 9 years ago
- 2 lbs boneless chicken, chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks fresh lemon grass shopping list
- 3 kaffir lime leaves shopping list
- 2 to 6 red chili peppers, depending on how spicy you want it shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice shopping list
- 5+ tablespoons fish sauce shopping list
- 2 green onions shopping list
- 16 sprigs cilantro shopping list
- 24 mint leaves shopping list
- 2 tablespoon ground red chili peppers or cayenne (optional) shopping list
- Few leaves of lettuce (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Chop chicken well into slightly smaller than bite-size pieces
- Chop all veggies/leaves
- Heat a skillet and cook chicken in a little water - no oil - stirring constantly. If you are a fan of fish sauce, feel free to add a couple of squirts to chicken now as well.
- Set aside to cool
- In a bowl, combine chicken, lemongrass, lime leaves, chili peppers, lime juice, and fish sauce. Mix well.
- Stir in all the rest.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature. (optional: serve over lettuce as a salad. I prefer just to eat it straight.)
- Notes: Depending on the kind of peppers you use and the amount of seeds you include, this dish can get spicy fast. I recommend using only one or two to start.
- Also, I have made this without the lime leaves and ground chili peppers on many occasions, it is still just as good!
- I usually double this recipe since it is easy to save for later since you can eat it cold...yum!