Cant-go-wrong GnocchiFrom heathie_magoo 5 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Peel and chop the potatoes, then boil until soft. Drain, then mash until really smooth.
- 2. Mix in the egg and flour and season well. Add a bit more flour if the mixture is too soft to handle (it's best without too much flour in, so treat it delicately and see if it forms a very soft ball).
- 3. Pick up a handful of the dough, and roll out into a thick sausage (1 inch wide) on a floured surface. Chop the sausage up into 1/2 inch pieces. Repeat with the remainder of the dough.
- 4. Drop the gnocchi into a pan of boiling water in batches, leaving to cook for about 2 minutes. They will float to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- 5. Carefully stir the gnocchi into plenty of tasty sauce. Enjoy!