Over The Top Shrimp ScampiFrom DetroitTokyo 3 years ago
- ½ lb shrimp, cleaned, deveined, & butterflied shopping list
- ½ lb angel hair pasta shopping list
- 1 tomato, diced shopping list
- 4-6 garlic cloves, whole or halved shopping list
- 1 shallot, diced shopping list
- ½ pint heavy cream (half & half also works) shopping list
- ½ cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 tbsp+ olive oil shopping list
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped shopping list
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated finely shopping list
- milk shopping list
- ¼ cup flour shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- ¼ tsp black pepper shopping list
- parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan. Be sure there is enough to cover the bottom of the pan, add more if needed.
- Soak the shrimp in milk.
- Combine flour, 1 tbsp cheese, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a bowl. Mix well.
- Coat shrimp in mixture and fry in oil for about 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. When cooked, transfer to paper towel lined plate. Tent tin foil around plate and pierce vents with fork. Keep plate on range top.
- Add garlic to oil. Stir for a few minutes, scraping up the flour mixture left in pan. Turn heat to medium low.
- Add wine SLOWLY (as it might spray out if pan is still very hot). Bring to a boil, and then turn heat to medium low. Cover and let reduce for about 10-15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Add cream to wine reduction and turn temperature back to medium high until it comes to a boil. Then, turn heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add tomato, shallots, basil, and remaining cheese. Mix well. Add shrimp to sauce and remove pan from heat. If sauce is not thick enough (for your liking), let cool for a few moments and it will thicken.
- Serve shrimp & sauce over pasta. Garnish with parsley. Enjoy with the rest of the bottle of wine :)
People Who Like This Dish 13
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!