German Potato Casserole For OktoberfestFrom wisjanine 4 years ago
- 5 pounds red potatoes, dice into 1/2 inch cubes shopping list
- 1 pound bacon shopping list
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chop finely shopping list
- 1 large onion, chop finely shopping list
- 1/2 t salt (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 t pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise shopping list
- 3 T vinegar or 3 T cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 T worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 can Campbells cheddar soup shopping list
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cook potatoes in a large pot, covered with water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and cook 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool slightly. Meanwhile, cook bacon, drain (reserve 1 T drippings), chop bacon.
- 2. In a large bowl, gently toss potatoes, bacon, egg, onion, salt and pepper. Combine the mayo, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and reserved bacon drippings in and add to potato mixture.
- 3. Place half to the mixture into a greased 9 X 13 pan. Top with cheddar cheese. Repeat layers. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
The Cookwisjanine Milwaukee Area
- Not added to any groups yet!