whoopie piesFrom maryeaudet 9 years ago
- 2 2/3 c flour shopping list
- 1/2 c hersheys dark cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 c sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c shortening (I use spectrum organic) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 c sour milk shopping list
- 1/2 c coffee-hot shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 c milk shopping list
- 1/4 c flour shopping list
- 1 c sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 c butter shopping list
- 1/2 c shortening shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease or silpat a large cookie sheet.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine coffee and sour milk
- In another bowl beat sugar and shortening until fluffy
- add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat well.
- Add flour mixture and sour milk mixture alternately, beginning and ending with flour.
- Drop by generous tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet,
- flatten slightly with wet fingers.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies spring back when touched lightly.
- Remove and cool completely.
- In microwave safe bowl mix :1 c milk and 1/4 c flour until no lumps remain.
- Microwave, stirring every minute until thick like paste.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl beat 1 c sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 c butter and 1/2 cup shortening until mixed and fluffy.
- beat in cooled flour mixture and whip until light and doubled in volume, about 5 minutes.
- If it s hot it may not whip up exactly right but chill and and whip again. As long as it mounds on a spoon it will be fine..
- Put a spoonful of the filling on the flat bottom side of one of the cookies
- top with another cookie, so that the flat parts are against the filling. Refrigerate.
- Dust tops with confectioners sugar before serving if desired.
The Cookmaryeaudet Lancaster, TX
The Rating1 people
I feel so cheated...IVE NEVER HAD ONE OF THESE OR EVEN HEARD OF THEM =0(...I feel robbed of a childhood...were these sold in the store?vicschick in Brooklyn loved it