Roasted Winter Squash & Spinach PizzaFrom luv2blocavore 3 years ago
- 1 med. winter squash (carnival, butternut, delicata, acorn...) shopping list
- Olive oil shopping list
- Salt and pepper shopping list
- Whole wheat pizza dough (1 typical size batch) shopping list
- 1 large shallot shopping list
- 5-7 fresh sage leaves (rosemary would be good too) shopping list
- Fresh spinach leaves shopping list
- Crumbled goat cheese (coated in pepper if ya like) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425˚
- Microwave whole squash for 1 to 2 min., softening just enough to cut more easily.
- Slice squash in half top to bottom, remove seeds and stringy pulp, lightly brush with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place skin side down on baking sheet lightly coated with nonstick spray. See Photo Bake for about 45 min. or until a fork easily comes out when poked.
- Put pizza stone in oven.
- Let squash cool enough to peel away skin, then move to bowl, mash lightly with a fork and adjust salt and pepper.
- Roll pizza dough to desired thickness (I make mine thin ... dividing one typical batch into 3 medium pies). Dust pizza peel with corn meal and lightly brush top of dough with olive oil. Bake naked for 3 to 5 min. (about halfway).
- Slice shallot thinly, sauté slowly in a little olive oil with S & P until caramelized; adding a little water if necessary; remove from pan.
- Chop sage and sauté briefly in a little olive oil.
- Take each partially cooked pizza dough, spread an even layer of squash, sprinkle with sage, mound a bunch of spinach on it, crumble as much cheese as you like, then bake at 450˚ till cheese melts and spinach wilts (6 to 8 min.) A minute before done, spread shallots on top.
- Drizzle with olive or truffle oil before serving (toasted pine nuts would be good too)! Oh yeah, and enjoy with your favorite Cab or Pinor Noir.
The Cookluv2blocavore Battle Ground, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!