Peanut Butter Banana Crunch French ToastFrom dodus 8 years ago
- 8 3/4" slices rich bread (egg bread, challah, brioche). shopping list
- 2 medium bananas (peeled and thinly sliced). shopping list
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter. shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1T Grand Marnier or orange liqueur shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes shopping list
- 2T butter or margarine. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Spread a tablespoon of peanut butter on each of four of the slices of bread.
- Spread sliced banana in a single layer over the peanut butter on each slice, and top with the other four slices of bread to make sandwiches, pressing down.
- Beat the eggs, liqueur, milk, and vanilla together in a shallow bowl.
- Spread the crushed corn flakes on a separate plate.
- Soak the sandwiches, on each side, in the egg mixture, and then drudge in the crushed flakes, pressing them into the bread lightly with fingertips.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium hot and cook the sandwiches until browned on both sides, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- When all sandwiches are browned, put them on a baking sheet and let them bake for 5-10 minutes in the oven.
- Cover with syrup or fruit preserves or whatever floats your boat and then eat!