FrittataFrom quaypocooks 5 years ago
- various mushrooms, cleaned and sliced to fill 1 1/2 cups shopping list
- six eggs shopping list
- two or three dashes of soy sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded emmantel cheese shopping list
- 3 tblspns whole milk shopping list
- 2 tblspns water shopping list
- 3 medium shallots, sliced thin shopping list
- 1 ounce sweet saki shopping list
- 1 whole diced bell pepper (capsicum) shopping list
- 2 small or (one large) tomatoes, deseeded and diced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes (pepperoncin) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons shopping list
- 2 or 3 long stem chives, sliced in 1/4 inch lengths (for color and flavor on top) shopping list
- arugula or mustard greens (for color and flavor on top) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons regular olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl add six eggs, soy sauce and water and whisk vigorously to incorporate air. (Hint: a large bowl should result in a shallow mixture that more readily allows the air bubbles to develop. An electric hand mixer can reduce a labor.) Set aside
- In a ten inch non-stick pan add olive oil and heat over a medium flame.
- Add olive oil and sliced shallots, fry until just approaching transparency
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and red pepper flakes stirring frequently until all are tender and shallots show very slight caramelization
- Without removing the contents, deglaze pan with the saki, stirring and scraping the bottom vigorously for 1 minute.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook for one more minute
- Giving one last vigorous whisk, add egg mixture to the pan and reduce flame to low. Cover pan with a lid or aluminum foil with the reflective side facing in
- Check pan contents frequently. Using a spatula to lift an edge of the frittata will allow you to check the bottom. Your looking for the top to approach firmness and the bottom to become golden brown. Timing is critical.
- With the top half inch of the frittata still slightly liquid, add shredded cheese, spreading evenly across the surface. Replace cover and cook until cheese melts, approximately 1 minute.
- Toss chives across the surface and lace with fresh ground black and red pepper to taste
- Replace cover and cook for one more minute or until firm on top.
- Turn off flame and allow to set for two - three minutes.
- The frittata can be loosened with a large plastic spatula and slid on to a serving plate or served directly from the frying pan using a plastic pie wedge spatula.
- Serve with a tossed salad and crusty bread.
People Who Like This Dish 9
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- Olivemoose Nowhere, Us
- cynmorr Nowhere, Us
- yummyinmytummy2010 Nowhere, Us
- sitbynellie Glasgow, GB
- sweetstacia Hutto, TX
- blumist Nowhere, Us
- kristopher San Francisco, CA
- catherines Ladysmith, South Africa
- quaypocooks Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookquaypocooks Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Not added to any groups yet!