Kimchi Fried Rice - Kimchi BokkeumbapFrom babsalaba 4 years ago
- canola or peanut oil shopping list
- 1 cup fermented kimchi,* cut into bite-sized pieces shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 t sugar shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 1 t sesame oil shopping list
- 2 cups cooked rice shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- sesame seeds shopping list
- nori strips shopping list
How to make it
- Heat some canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chopped up kimchi. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion and green onion and continue to saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and salt and stir very well.Add 1 cup of the cold, cooked rice, and stir well. Once it is all nicely coated, add the other cup of rice and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add a drizzle (1 t or so) of dark sesame oil, stirring well.
- At this point, you can push the rice and kimchi to the sides and add a beaten egg to the center and scramble well.
- Once the egg is cooked through, push the rice and vegetables back in, mixing it all together, cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and nori strips.