Great Caesar's Green BeansFrom notyourmomma 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. sherry vinegar (or cider) shopping list
- two shakes from the worchestershire bottle shopping list
- optional - 2 tsp of anchovy paste shopping list
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 Tbsp.finely chopped shallots shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt-don't add salt if using anchovy paste shopping list
- 1 clove garlic crushed and minced shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. caynne pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup. dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Cook green beans in one inch of boiling salted water, uncovered about 5 minutes.
- Cover, reduce heat to low cook until nearly tender; drain.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, worchestershire, mustard, anchovy paste, and pepper.
- Don't add salt if using anchovy paste.
- Toss beans, the whisked dressing, finely chopped onions, and minced garlic until coated evenly.
- Pour into ungreased 1-quart casserole.
- Mix bread crumbs, cheese and margarine or butter; sprinkle over beans.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook uncovered in 350 degrees oven until heated through, 15 to 20 minutes.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating1 people
I have been wanting to make this dish for a while now & am so glad I finally did! I made this without the anchovy paste and with apple cider vinegar and panko. I wasn't sure where to put the paprika in so left it out - maybe I missed something? (...moreDetroitTokyo in Detroit loved it
This sounds great, how clever! Will be trying soon - thanks, Tina!DetroitTokyo in Detroit loved it