Acorn Squash Beef PiesFrom daddydoug 6 years ago
- Half an acorn squash shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp coriander shopping list
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- Filling: leftover beef stew, emphasis on the meat shopping list
- 4 individual pie tins; mine are little non-stick jobbies about 5 inches across. shopping list
How to make it
- Steam the squash half -- I nuked it for about 8 minutes by placing it upside down in a casserole dish with a half inch of water in it.
- Scrape the pulp into a bowl. Add the butter and let it cool for a few minutes so it won't immediately cook the egg.
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Add all the ingredients to the squash except the flour and baking soda. Mix thoroughly and then add those last. Use a bit more flour if needed to make a moist but manageable dough that you can roll or press out on a floured board. It won't be like normal pie dough, more like Bisquick dough.
- Divide it into 4 circular pieces large enough for your mini-pie tins.
- Butter or spray the pie tins and line them with dough, letting some bulge out over the top. Bake empty for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While the shells are baking reheat the leftover stew. When they're done spoon a heaping helping of stew into each and you're ready to go.
The Cookdaddydoug Seattle, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!