Bacon-sausage GravyFrom gkwillow 4 years ago
- 1 roll bacon and pork sausage (like Farmland brand) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried sage shopping list
- freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 cups milk (I don't really measure - just keep adding a little milk at a time until it reaches the desired gravy consistency - so you may actually need more or less than this amount - DON'T ADD THE milk IN ALL IN AT ONCE!) shopping list
How to make it
- Brown the pork sausage (if you don't have the bacon and pork roll sausage, you could just brown some diced bacon at the same time)
- Drain off all but 1 Tblsp grease. Sprinkle flour over the meat and combine well. Cook for a minute or so.
- Add the seasonings and milk a little at a time until it starts to bubble and the gravy is the proper thickness. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. (The longer the gravy sits in the pan, the thicker it becomes. So if you're making this and reheating, you may need to add even more milk...)
- Serve over biscuits/toast. If you REALLY like bacon, you could garnish with more crumbled bacon to "reinforce" the flavor!
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookgkwillow City, State
- Not added to any groups yet!