Yummy Layered Spinach DipFrom dmajor 5 years ago
- 1 pound frozen spinach, defrosted and drained well shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 8 oz. whipped cream cheese shopping list
- 8 oz. pepperjack cheese, shredded or crumbled shopping list
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 6 to 8 slices cooked crisp bacon, crumbled shopping list
- 8 oz. mild cheddar, shredded shopping list
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 8 oz. parmesan cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 tablespoon creole spice shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 small can or bag fried onions(if desired) shopping list
- 1 can black olives. chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- dash or two of hot sauce(Crystal's) shopping list
- 1 container(8oz) sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Drain spinach in colander and rinse with warm water to thaw, drain well
- In bowl, stir cream cheese, hot sauce. Parmesan cheese and spinach together.
- Season spinach with creole spice, salt and pepper to taste and place in bottom of clear glass casserole dish(for show or just any casserole dish will do)
- Sprinkle pepper jack cheese over spinach
- Saute onions, garlic and mushrooms in butter until tender and light brown.
- Place mushroom mixture over pepper jack cheese.
- Top with sour cream
- Sprinkle black olives and tomatoes over sour cream
- Sprinkle green onions over black olives
- top with cheddar cheese
- Top with bacon and fried onion pieces if desired.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and light brown.
- Serve with tortilla chips
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!