Onion Garlic CookiesFrom daddydoug 3 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 T soy sauce shopping list
- 2 T molasses shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar as if you were making cookies. Add olive oil, eggs, soy sauce and molasses and blend well. Mix in onion and garlic.
- Combine flour and other dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the wet mixture half at a time, beating well with a fork or a wooden spoon. It should have the consistency of cookie dough.
- Put walnut-size blobs on an ungreased cookie sheet (see photo). I get about 25 per sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until they start to brown. They should slide easily off the sheet.
- If you cut down the oil to 1/4 cup they will hold their shape and come out more biscuity like the ones in the photos. I prefer them to flatten out a bit more like cookies.
- For a little cheesyness add 1/2 c grated asiago, romano or parmesan last.
The Cookdaddydoug Seattle, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!