Texas Sheet CakeFrom barmybaker 9 years ago
- 1c butter shopping list
- 1c. water shopping list
- 1/2 c. cocoa shopping list
- 2c. flour shopping list
- 2c. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 1 t. baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 c sour cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- cocoa frosting: shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter shopping list
- 6 T milk shopping list
- 1/4 c. cocoa shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 lb. confectioners sugar, sifted shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts shopping list
How to make it
- -Prepare one 15 1/2 x 10 1/2inch jelly roll pan by spraying it with pan spray, or you can line it with parchment paper if you want to lift it out of the pan (I did this, cause I'm a freak for parchment paper, you'd think I had stock in a parchment paper company).
- -In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda, set aside.
- -Combine butter, water and cocoa in 2-qt. saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- -Stir in combined flour, sugar and salt. Add sour cream, vanilla and eggs; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
- -Bake at 375, 20-25 minutes. While warm frost with:
- Cocoa Frosting:
- -Combine milk, butter, cocoa and pinch of salt in saucepan, bring
- to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- -Add sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth, add the nuts, mix until blended.
- -Pour over the warm cake, spread out and let it set up.
The Cookbarmybaker Sheboygan, WI
The Rating9 people
Wow!!! delicious! I think I will prepare it for my hubby's b-day... Thanks!berry in Winter Park loved it
mmmm.......! thanksmagali777 in Mexico loved it
wow awsome choc. cake love the frosting thanks printing this for future use yummy.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!