Use Your Leftover Eggnog for Muffins!From Pumpkinberry 3 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- heaping 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup nog (We used So Nice Noel Nog this holiday season and it was fabulous!) shopping list
- 6 tbsp sunflower oil (or olive oil, vegetable oil, whatever one you use) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat your oven to 400°F/200°C and prepare yourself a 12 cup muffin pan (or a 24 baby muffin pan)!
- 2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, brown sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- 3. Combine your wet ingredients (the nog, apple cider vinegar, and oil) in a separate, smaller bowl and stiiiirrr.
- 4. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid ingredients. Stir gently until just barely combined. I know I say this every time, but do not overmix! A few floury lumps here and there are okay!
- 5. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Bake for 15 minutes, or until well risen, golden brown, and firm to the touch. You can also insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean, they’re done!
The CookPumpkinberry Toronto, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!