Balsamic Sauce PastaFrom DetroitTokyo 6 years ago
- 8 oz. pasta of your choice (short is better) shopping list
- 2 specialty sausages (I used chicken with provolone & sun-dried tomato) shopping list
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets shopping list
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed (I used green & white) shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp flour shopping list
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste shopping list
- shredded/grated cheese, optional (I used Asiago) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage over medium heat in a skillet with about an inch of water at bottom of pan. Cook about 5 minutes on each side. Remove & sliced once cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, boil a pot of salted water. Add broccoli and asparagus and cook about 5-7 minutes for firm vegetables (longer if you like them softer). Drain.
- For the sauce, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add flour and whisk with a fork until well incorporated. Add Balsamic and whisk until well incorporated. Add chicken stock and stir well. Add salt and peppers. Cook until reduced about half.
- To serve, add sausage and veggies to sauce and then serve over the pasta. Top with cheese if desired.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!