Italian StromboliFrom squirrel_nut 3 years ago
- (pizza dough) shopping list
- 1T active dry yeast shopping list
- 2T brown sugar shopping list
- 1t salt shopping list
- .5C semolina flour shopping list
- 3C AP flour shopping list
- 1T olive oil shopping list
- 1C water shopping list
- (pizza sauce) shopping list
- 8oz tomato sauce shopping list
- 3lg roma tomatoes - blanched, skin peeled shopping list
- 1t garlic powder (not granulated) shopping list
- 1T fresh oregano shopping list
- 1T fresh basil shopping list
- 1t red chile flakes shopping list
- .5C dry red wine shopping list
- .5C water shopping list
- (pizza topings) shopping list
- use good quality mozzarella. fresh or "Stella" thick grated shopping list
- fresh grated parma shopping list
- pepperoni - extra thin cut boars head shopping list
- fresh minced garlic shopping list
- cremini mushrooms shopping list
- fresh veggies, italian sausage, etc... whatever YOU like shopping list
- pizza stone pre-heated 30min before use @430deg shopping list
How to make it
- (pizza dough)
- yeast, sugar, salt in large mixing bowl. add HOT tap water and wisk
- wait +5 minutes till foam forms
- add semolina flour and wisk in.
- add 1C of AP flour at a time, encorporate each.
- after the 3rd cup, dough should be slightly sticky but not gob up on your hands. either add more water or flour (1T at a time) to correct.
- kneed for ~5min until surface is shiny.
- coat with oil and cover w/damp cloth for 1hr in warm place.
- punch out air. kneed for a couple of minutes. ready.
- (pizza sauce)
- put all ingredients in a saute pan and bring to a boil for 10min.
- reduce heat to a simmer for 40min.
- remove and allow to cool before using. sauce will thicken slightly.
- (build stromboli)
- devide dough into thirds - makes 3.
- roll out into a rough circle - very thin (refer to pictures)
- mozza cheese goes on the bottom
- sauce last on top.
- press down edges sharply with a fork to seal and trim off xtra
- slice top or poke with fork to allow steam to escape
- 12 minutes @430deg
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooksquirrel_nut Austin, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!