40 (or More!) Garlic Clove ChickenFrom minkey 2 years ago
- 8-12 pieces of chicken-drumsticks, thighs,breasts(I cut in half), wings shopping list
- 40-60 cloves of garlic(use more if you have it) shopping list
- NOTE: cloves of garlic-not heads! shopping list
- Penzeys Flake kosher salt shopping list
- Penzeys Freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 3-4 TBS extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4TBS butter shopping list
- 1TBS Penzeys Whole or Cracked rosemary shopping list
- 2TBS Penzeys French thyme shopping list
- 2TBS Penzeys lemon peel (hydrate for 10 mins in 4TBS water) shopping list
- 1 C dry white wine shopping list
- 1 1/2 C chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tsp Penzeys arrowroot (optional) as thickening agent shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400degrees
- Wash and dry chicken pieces and season well with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken in a dutch oven (oven safe) or similiar pan. Brown for about 5 minutes per side. Don't crowd the pan, you may have to do in 2 batches. When all the chicken is browned, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1/2 of wine and chicken stock to pan to deglaze pan.
- Drop in garlic and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in herbs, lemon zest and 2 TBS butter.
- Cook for another minute
- Add chicken back to pan. Cover and place in oven for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and baste chicken with juices in pan. Make sure you have lots of juice, if not, add a little more chicken stock.
- Continue to bake uncovered for another 20 minutes-chicken juices should run clear.
- Remove chicken from pan to a nice platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Set your pan on the stovetop on medium heat. Mash garlic as fine as you would like it. I used a potato masher and it was the size of rice.
- Add the wine, chicken stock and remainder of butter. (I also added some Penzeys Arrowroot to my stock as a thickener). Let this simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve this gravy with the chicken.
- Suggestion: Bake red potatoes while chicken is cooking as well as any extra garlic. This gravy over the creamy red potatoes is great!
The Cookminkey Denver, CO
- Not added to any groups yet!