Rotkraut - Red CabbageFrom craftyazgirl 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 lb. red cabbage (shredded) shopping list
- 4 slices bacon (diced) shopping list
- 1 medium onion (diced) shopping list
- 2 tart apples (diced) shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large kettle fry bacon until crisp,
- Add onion and saute until golden.
- Stir in sugar and cook until lightly brown.
- Add cabbage and apples. 1/2 cup water.
- Mix well, cover and cook approximately 30 minutes. On medium heat.
- Add caraway seeds, 1/2 cup water,and vinegar.
- Cover and cook another 20 minutes.
- pepper to taste
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating3 people
I think my husband makes this without the caraway seeds and apples. We love it. I'm going to tell him to try this next time.lindal34 in Vero Beach loved it
I made this for tonight and I really like it. I did add a little more sugar but my vinegar was maybe a little condensed. Love the carraway seeds.lindal34 in Vero Beach loved it