Red Snapper With Tomatoes, Olives And OnionsFrom lillyann 5 years ago
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and slivered shopping list
- 4 8-oz. center-cut skinless red snapper filets shopping list
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, pitted and halved shopping list
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, chopped shopping list
- Pinch red pepper flakes shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add onions, and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are fragrant and slightly soft, about 2 minutes. Add snapper, skinned side up, and cook until lightly golden, about 2 minutes. Turn fish and cook other side another 2 minutes.
- Add wine, tomatoes, olives, half the parsley, and red pepper flakes to the pan with the fish. Season to taste with salt and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, until fish is just cooked through, 10–15 minutes, spooning sauce over fish as it cooks. Uncover and simmer until sauce has thickened slightly, about 3 minutes. Adjust seasonings and sprinkle with remaining parsley.