Coconut Chicken Panang (Red Curry)From icecreamuffin 2 years ago
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips. shopping list
- 2 cans coconut milk shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper shopping list
- 2 small white onions shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 tbsp: turmeric, coriander, cumin, cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp: cayenne pepper, ground cardamon shopping list
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- chives, thinly chopped shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Puree the bell pepper, one onion, 2 garlic cloves, and 1/4 cup of olive oil in a food processor. Transfer to a small pan and bring to a simmer. Stir in coconut milk and spices, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Keep simmering on low.
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven and add the rest of the onion and garlic. Add chicken (season with salt & pepper) and allow to brown, but not cook through entirely.
- Pour the simmering mixture over chicken and cover for about 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Serve over jasmine rice and top with fresh chives.
People Who Like This Dish 38
The Cookicecreamuffin Abilene, TX
The Rating1 people
...looks wonderful.... easy and tasty... thank you! :)keni in Sweet Home loved it
This was dinner, tonight... very good recipe. I used chicken tenderloins and rather than processing first, I just sauteed, added the milk THEN used my immersion blender for a lil quicker, easier way to blend the sauce. It worked great. :) I did ad...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!