Earl Grey Tea CakeFrom doreenfish 4 years ago
- 2 c flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 c unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 1/3 c sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp loose earl grey tea leaves ( about 5 bags) shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 c water (these 3 ingredients for glaze) shopping list
- 4 earl grey teabags shopping list
- 2 c sifted icing sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Grease a 9 x 5 pan.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour and salt to blend. Set aside.
- In a bowl beat the butter, sugar, tea leaves and vanilla on medium speed until mixture is light and fluffy and the scent of the tea leaves begins to emerge. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each one. Gradually add the flour mixture in 3 parts beating until combined. Pour into pan.Bake for 1 hour at 350 or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.Cool.
- Bring the water to a boil.remove from heat and pour over the teabags and let steep for five minutes until very strong.Remove tea bags and stir in powdered sugar. Drizzle over cake.